Use the hub with openhab 2.5

Hi,

First a disclaimer, I am not part of the Mixtile development team.

I managed to run the hub with openHAB 2.5.9. Mostly openHAB 2.5 is still compatible with Eclipse SmartHome 0.9, though I had to use some wrapper bundles to satisfy all packages and bundles required by the Mixtile hub. I had to make a small patch to openHAB to maintain ABI compatibility.

In general I followed the instructions for running openHAB 2.4, method 2: Manual stop-by-step. Additionally in step 12:

1. Additionally:
    c. also copy commons-collections-3.2.2.jar to the ./addons folder
    d. add compatibility plugins to the ./addons folder (org.eclipse.smarthome.core, org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing, org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery, org.eclipse.smarthome.automation)
    e. copy the patched org.openhab.core.io.rest-2.5.0.jar to the ./runtime/system/org/openhab/core/bundles/org.openhab.core.io.rest/2.5.0/ folder

Finally ensure that the ‘Rule Engine (Experimental)’ binding is installed.

Bundles and Source code are available here.

Best Regards
Rolf

Extra instructions when you want to run the ZigBee and/or Z-wave stacks from openHAB, be warned, you can loose any previous configuration:

1. Change the mlserver.conf
    a. systemctl stop mlserver
    b. Edit /opt/hubware/exec/data/mlserver.conf, remove the zigbeeadapter and/or zwaveadapter lines (including comma on the previous line).
    c. systemctl start mlserver
  2. Install the ZigBee Binding and/or the Z-Wave Binding
  3. For ZigBee add a CC2531EMK Coordinator, with port: /dev/ttyACM1. I did not manage to keep the PAN-ID the same, so I had to reset and rebuild the full ZigBee network.
  4. For Z-Wave, add a Z-Wave Serial Controller, with port: /dev/ttyACM0.

After these changes, all installed Things will be offline. New things need to be added with the new bridges.

@rofl,

That’s great to hear. I can’t wait to try these steps myself.

Bac
Mixtile Team