Did you know the Mixtile Hub can play music or other sound effects? I created a “Security Mode” routine that makes the hub play a siren sound whenever motion is detected, or front door is opened.
Before you get started
- Make sure your Hub rooted (instruction here)
- The sounds or music files must be in wav format.
- Video edition here
- Copy the wave file(s) you want to the hub
scp -r (filename) user@(yourhubipaddress):/home/user
(Ignore brackets ‘()’ - file name is your music/sound file name)
- Get into your hub then get root access
ssh user@(yourhubipaddress)(password is the SN code)
sudo -i(password is the SN code)
- Stop hub service
systemctl stop mhub
- Go to the hub’s directory and create a ‘conf’ directory
- Go inside the ‘conf’ directory then create a ‘sounds’ directory
- Copy your sound file(s) to this directory
cp /home/user/(filename) .
- Change the ‘conf’ directory and all its files’ ownership to mhub
chown -R mhub. conf
- Start hub service
systemctl start mhub
Wait a few minutes for the hub to start back up. Afterwards, you can go to Paper Ui and create a routine. For the action, you can pick ‘Play a sound’. Select the sound you want to play and select ‘Aplay Audio’ for Sink
- The sound files must be in wav format
- The Mixtile apps currently don’t support this feature. If you create a routine to play your sounds, then edit it on the Mixtile apps, then the sound