Tutorial: How to use the hub with openHAB 2.4

MixtileHub:/$ systemctl daemon-reload
Failed to reload daemon: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
MixtileHub:/$ cd opt/mhub
MixtileHub:/opt/mhub$ systemctl stop mhub
Failed to stop mhub.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
See system logs and 'systemctl status mhub.service' for details.
MixtileHub:/opt/mhub$ systemctl daemon-reload
Failed to reload daemon: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
MixtileHub:/opt/mhub$ systemctl enable mhub.service
Failed to enable unit: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

This is what I see wenn trying to start, stop, restart. Probably it helps in identifying the problem. As I am not really familiar with linux, it doesnt help me at all :smiley:

That could a be a permission issue. Try
sudo -i (password is the SN code in the back of your hub)

then run the start mhub again

Thanx Bac. I was able to execute the commands, but the problem mentioned by “staubsauger” is still present.
Would it be an option for you mixtilers to include a working OH into the hubs FW? This way, it would be a really great device…

I’m not sure where the issue is. Maybe try factory resetting the hub, using a different computer, and LAN.
It would be great if we could include it in our hub, but unfortunately, that is not possible. OpenHAB is an open source software and cannot be included in a commercial product.

Bac

Mixtile Team

Hello,

The script didn’t work for me.
I ran

chown mhub.mhub -R /opt/mhub
chmod 775 -R /opt/mhub/*
systemctl stop mhub ; systemctl start mhub

after that it started working for me.

Yeah! It works! Thank you very much!

Thank you! Been struggling with that for a long time.

Anyone know how to change the package type from SIMPLE.
If you don’t choose the SIMPLE package at the initial setup it doesn’t work. You cant install the other interfaces from Paper UI.

Figured it out.

root@MixtileHub:/opt/mhub/conf/services# vi addons.cfg

change simple to expert and uncomment

Last time I installed openhab on the hub, I didn’t manage to get notifications on the Openhab application. Is this the expected behaviour or there is anything else I need to do?

Thanks!

Worked for me, too. Thank you very much!
Nevertheless, all of the things are not going to initialize. Any hints?

@Bac: You should include that into your tutorial.

Updated! I had the same issue where none of my things initialize when I pick any packages other than SIMPLE.

Thanks.
Ah, selecting SIMPLE did the trick. I wasn’t sure about the consequences when selecting something different in our case. I selected expert like on other hardware before.

Yea, I don’t why that does the trick. You can change the package afterwards in /opt/mhub/conf/services/addons.cfg

I’m glad you finally got it to work! :slightly_smiling_face:

Did anyone try to get the new OpenHAB 2.5 running? Can we use the same steps as in this tutorial for 2.4?

@saugstauber

That’s good news. I’ll check it this week to see if it works. Cheers!

Bac

I didn’t get it to work. The hub wouldn’t run. Any luck with you guys?