Mixtile Outlet Plug

Having issues with a new Mixtile Outlet Plug.

The plug can be found and added as a device but can not be controlled.

Ive only just taken this out of the box so it could be a DOA device.

Any ideas?

@UKKiwi

Try refreshing the devices page and see if it fixed. If it is not, try removing the device and re-adding it to your hub. Sometimes when devices are not properly added, it may behave differently. Let me know how it goes.

Bac

Mixtile Team

Hi Bac

I’ve added my original outlet plug and it has the same issue. Removed it and added again with the problem remaining. This was a working outlet prior to the reset of the hub.

Shad

The same with 2 xiaomi plugs. And hub doesn’t use them like zigbee repeater. It’s very bad.

Hi @UKKiwi

There was an issue with the newer Xiaomi plugs where the light can go on/off, but it doesn’t actually stop the power. We’ve fixed this issue in the upcoming firmware update.

With the Mixtile plug, if it wasn’t properly added or removed, it will behave incorrectly. You will have to remove and re-add it to the hub.

• Remove the plug (the hub will sound “device has left”)
  • Refresh the page 1 to 2 times
  • Set the hub to pairing mode
  • Long press the plug (the light will start blinking)
  • After the hub discovered the plug, the LED should stop blinking
  • Click the + icon to add the plug. Wait for it to be fully added then click the check icon
  • When you’re back in the main page, refresh and/or kill the app
  • Then go to your plug and see if you can control it

Does light on the plug turn on when you press it physically. And does it blink when you long press it? @UKKiwi

• Removed plug. (No sound made, my hub seems to have gone into silent mode again)

• Refreshed. (Initially greyed out, and then gone)

• Re booted (to be sure as no sound was made)

• Hub found plug, eventually.

• Re started app

Still no joy, the plug does nothing remotely.

Does light on the plug turn on when you press it physically. Ans: yes
Does it blink when you long press it?
Ans: yes

Previously when I tried this, the hub was talking to me, so it giving me the silent treatment is a separate issue…

@UKKiwi

Oh no, not the silent treatment. If you call out “Hi Mixtile”, does it respond back? I assume you have the latest firmware 1.9, correct?

Bac

Mixtile Team

Hi Bac

Yes 1.9 installed. (1.9.18110612)

When I say “Hi Mixtile” I get stony silence. However the blue light circles as expected.

Shad

Hi Shad,

Could you try one more thing for us. Go hub page, try messing with the volume bar and silence mode. let me know if it works!

Bac

Mixtile Team

That doesn’t seem to make a difference.

How come you’re action menu items are listed in a different order. My brightness is at the bottom and yours is at the top.

Shad

@UKKiwi

I emailed you a file to fix the no sound issue. Check if it works! That’s the interface for the android version.

Bac

Mixtile Team

No success, nothing seems to work.

@UKKiwi

Did it say anything after you plugged in the USB with the mixtilehub_debug folder?

Best

Bac

Mixtile Team

:slightly_frowning_face: I think that I may have missed an email. I’ve no seen anything on USB.

I can see the emailed update from the site but not a separate email. Can you please re send?

@UKKiwi

I sent it again. Check if you received it.

Bac

Mixtile Team

Thanks Bac, I have it now. I’ll try tonight.

Hi Bac

I unzipped and copied to a USB stick, but it didn’t seem to do anything.

Is there something that I should have done to tell the hub to use the USB files?

Shad

@UKKiwi

Happy new year. Sorry for the late reply. It should automatically update the hub when you plug it in. I’ll talk to our developers to see what else they can do to help you.

Bac

Mixtile Team

Does it sound the pairing code?