Mixtile -> openHAB -> MQTT -> Hass.io (and Node-RED)

Hello,

I managed to get mixtile integrated into hass.io (and Node-RED)
I followed the tutorial Tutorial: How to use the hub with openHAB
After a bunch of reboots and openHAB cleanups I managed to install and boot the MQTT binding https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/mqtt1/
I’ve setup an external mosquitto MQTT server as information bus between openHAB, HASS.io and Node-RED.
I’ve setup openHAB with the following conf/services/mqtt.cfg file:

mosquitto.url=tcp://hostname:1883
mosquitto.user=openhab
mosquitto.pwd=******
mosquitto.qos=2
mosquitto.async=false

I’ve setup openHAB with the following conf/services/mqtt-eventbus.cfg file:

broker=mosquitto
statePublishTopic=/home/openhab/out/${item}/state
commandPublishTopic=/home/openhab/out/${item}/command
stateSubscribeTopic=/home/openhab/in/${item}/state
commandSubscribeTopic=/home/openhab/in/${item}/command

Now in Node-RED (or HASS.io) I can subscribe to an MQTT topic and trigger events in HASS.io

I’m however still having some troubles:

1. Adding unsupported devices: It’s unclear to me if I should ask openHAB or Mixtile for advice on adding those devices.
    Example: I have an Indoor Siren Multisound Z-wave from Zipato. As far as I can see it’s the same as https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/320# but I cannot seem to find a way to enforce my detected device with this product file.
  2. When the Z-wave sensor is next to the hub it’s detected and working but if I move them in the house somehow they stop working (other zwave devices further away from the hub however do work correctly.)
  3. I factory reset my Water Leakage sensor and removed it from the hub. But it keeps being detected even when the device isn’t actually powered.

Regards,
Kobe.

Any news soon? Please

First thing I did once the integration was working is relinked all channels because the generated generic names are not usable to base automations on.

Hi Kobe,

1. Unsupported devices. Currently our hub already supports many different products outside of our compatibility list, but we haven’t tested them yet. You can tell us the brand and model number, and I can tell you if it’s in the development list. If it’s not, we can add it to our hub if it’s highly requested among our users. If, however, you want to code it yourself, you may be interested to know the tty of the different devices
  • Bluetooth device (4.0): /dev/ttyS1
  • ZWave device(SigmaDesigns ZM5304) : ls -l /sys/bus/usb/devices/7-1:1.0/tty
  • Zigbee device (TI CC2538): ls -l /sys/bus/usb/devices/8-1:1.0/tty

If you added another tty device to the hub, you will need to modify the start.sh in /usr/share/mhub/runtime/concierge/start.sh like below

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyAMA0"

1. Maybe the frequency of your z-wave sensor is different than the one in our hub. For example, if you use hub with USA frequency, you should use z-wave sensors with USA frequency as well

2. You may not have successfully removed/reset the device the hub. Many of sensors required you to put them into exclusion mode before you can remove it from your hub. Refer to the manuals of the device.

Best,

Bac

Mixtile Team